Translate

Friday, January 31, 2014

Friday Fun Fact

Scott is real!!! Okay, so he'd probably kill me if he knew I used him as the subject for my book, but Scott is a based on a childhood friend of mine.

While Lana is definitely not me, her story is. I really did have my own Andrew Cortes, although he answered to a different name. And he really did take another girl to homecoming after claiming it "wasn't his thing" and telling me I could go with Scott as friends. The other girl was someone he had cheated on me with, although I found out after the dance, not before.

In middle and high school, Scott was quiet and unassuming, often overshadowed by his two best friends. When I ran into him years later as an adult, he had blossomed into a gorgeous man, worthy of the cover of GQ. He had become a fireman, as had one of his BFFs. (The other had become a police officer! Talk about men in uniform!)

On the other hand, life wasn't so kind to my ex, and he looks pretty ragged these days. I always wondered why all us girls went crazy over my ex, but overlooked Scott. Thus, the idea for this book was born. Scott, buddy, if you ever realize I based a book on you, I hope you forgive me. You have always been an awesome guy, and I just want to tell you that you are a sexy beast! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment